Sunday, October 21, 2007

Update on Maddox

Well, it's been an interesting 2 days so far with Maddox being sick. He doesn't seem to be bothered too bad by the croup aspect of his sickness, but more the post-nasal drip with his cold. Apparently a cold and croup go hand-in-hand. Last night around 4:30 am Maddox started to cough so hard he threw up. Naturally we ended up giving him a bath and changing the sheets.

Today, on our way to see our new house and it's progress (it's all framed up!), Maddox was coughing/gagging in the back seat. You could just hear his stuffiness. Of course, the coughing finally led to him throwing up all over himself and his car seat. We got to our house and had to strip him down and take the cover off of the car seat. I'm not sure he thought it was too comfortable in the seat on the way home without the comfortable liner.

All day we could not get him to take a nap for anything either. We got about 20 minutes in the car on the way back to the apartment. Then around 6:45, Maddox fell asleep. He started coughing and gagging again and that led to another bout of throwing up. I didn't actually hear him throw up, but all of a sudden I could here "Hi" through the monitor. I walked in and he was sitting up in bed with puke all over the side of his face. Another bath. We drained the water and he was standing up inside the tub waiting for me to get him out and dried off. Then I heard the plop, plop, plop. I thought to myself, "I don't even want to look". Yep, you guessed it. He pooped all over in the tub. He found this to be quite hilarious and instantly began to giggle. We finally got him to bed around 10pm. It's been a crazy two days! I hope the little guy feels better soon.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Uggh. What a couple of days! I think Maddox owes you one healthy baby boy all the way through Christmas now! Not too fun to clean all that up. Hope he feels perfect again soon!
Michelle