Saturday, October 20, 2007

My baby is sick!

I guess I should be quite happy that we've made it a year with no illnesses, but I feel so bad for him. Maddox officially has croup. I worked last night and Corey called me at 3:30 am telling me Maddox was having trouble breathing. Of course, I said, "What do you mean trouble breathing?" I could hear him struggle over the phone. Corey tried giving him a bath and steaming it up good, but he was still wheezing and coughing. I met him in the Children's ER around 5:30am and they said he definitely had croup. It's apparently been going around. Darn Lifetime Fitness daycare! I guess we're lucky since he doesn't have to go to daycare, but for the past month I've been working out regularly again and bringing him to the daycare there. I'm sure that's where he got it. He didn't have to take any meds or anything, but we definitely have to watch him close because his airways can swell to almost completely shut with croup, especially at night, so needless to say I'm staying at home with him tonight. Corey didn't want to be home with him alone. It's a miserable feeling when your child is crying and looks at you like "I hurt mama!" and you can't do anything about it. He's been a real trooper though. I even made homemade chocolate chip cookies tonight just so he could have his first mama made cookie. He loved it! Maddox wanted to join in the baking fun, so we got out a bunch of cooking utensils he could play with.
Mmmmm, homemade cookies!
Delicious!

On Friday we headed to Underwater World in the Mall of America with Auntie Jenna and Grandma Jane.
I knew Maddox was going to like Underwater World when we got to the first tank of fish and his face just lite up.
But he kind of wanted to get in and swim with them. Hang on Auntie Jenna!


"Hey mom, look at all the fish in here! There's a big turtle!"
Doesn't he look excited. He loved to look in all the tanks of fish.
But when he was done, he was done.

As you moved through each area there were animals that coincided with fish of that geographic region. Here's Maddox hanging out with the beaver.
"Hi mom!"
"Wow that thing's huge!"
"Okay, Auntie Jenna, I think I'm done."
Here's one of the sharks on the wall that Maddox was quite interested in.
Auntie Jenna thought it would be funny if it looked like the shark was eating Maddox.
Notice the clown fish, aka Nemo, in the middle.
"Look at that electric blue fish!" "Oh, that's funny."


We had to try this octopus hat on Maddox in the gift shop. Too cute!
Here's Maddox hanging out in the kids play area at the end.
He was watching this kid go through the treasure chest...
...and I think he really wanted to try.
Peekaboo! Mama giving kisses.
"Hey, that was my mama!"
Petting the sharks.
The nursery - we got to see a bunch of baby fish in the nursery. This was our favorite. It looks so fake with that little face.

4 comments:

Jenna and Andy said...

Sorry Maddox is feeling well. I hope he gets better soon!

It was so much fun on Friday hanging out with you two! I have been bragging about how cute my nephew is ever since!

Jenna and Andy said...

Oops! I meant to say "isn't feeling well"

Michelle said...

We're so sorry Maddox isn't feeling well. That's really no fun. Mira's been coughing at night and I hate that I can't do anything to make it better. Just a cold she needs to get through.

Underwater World looked fun! We'll have to take Mira and Amelia there. I hear it's great!

Jane said...

Poor Maddox! Hopefully, he'll be all recovered by his birthday on Wednesday. He had so much fun at Underwater World. !