Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Potty Update

Well, it's been a week and a half and Maddox has been doing great with going potty. He's had 4 total accidents in the last week - 2 pees (one a ECFE on our first outing; one at Angie's at our first time there since learning - Tues & Wed last week) and 2 poops (random times). The peeing thing I think he's definitely got down now since it's been almost a week since an accident in that department and HE ASKED MISS NANCY TO GO PEE TODAY AT ECFE - WOOHOO!!! The pooping thing I think is the whole fear of going. He seems to be holding it (he's only gone 4 times since his first poop on the potty last Sunday, so it's been an every other day or so thing. He use to be so regular, but I think he's avoiding it. The two times he did go on the potty I had to take his pants/undies off when I could tell he had to go, so he wouldn't have anything to go into. Then he kept saying, "I have to poop". I'd put him on the potty and he'd say he didn't have to go. We'd go back and forth doing that a few times until his body just kind of took over and he went without much thought on the potty. I'm thinking of getting some small presents and wrapping them up and putting them on the counter. Then when he goes poop on the potty he can pick one out until they're all gone. Hopefully by the time they're gone he won't be afraid to go on the potty. All-in-all I haven't washed a diaper in a week and a half. YAY!!!!

3 comments:

Tribe of Adeline said...

good for you Maddox- Logan responded very well to "bribes" and I see nothing wrong with giving them- Kelly

Unknown said...

way to go maddox! i like your idea of wrapping presents and letting him know they are "available whenever he is ready". good thinking! kiss your boys for me.

unzen said...

Maddox is so cute! Glad potty training is going so good for you. Your son is one smart little boy.
I have made a blog and was wondering if you would add me to your list of coworkers blogs. Thanks and see you at work Brenda Ubzen and family 2200.
unzens6-animals.blogspot.com