Tuesday, March 03, 2009

What have I done?

Alright, mister independent now thinks he can head to the bathroom, pull down his pants, and pee all by himself. Needless to say, he's not exactly tall enough to get his business above the rim, so it's quite the mess, but he's so proud of himself when he's all done. He comes running out and yells, "I did it!". It's hard to punish the behavior since it is what we've taught him and it's so funny. I got him a step stool yesterday at Target, so he went this morning by himself when I was rotating the laundry and most of the pee actually made it into the toilet. Progress, I hope.

Accidents this week+ have been none during the day at all except two poops - all pees were in the toilet (or at least around it anyway - see above). We haven't had any peeing accidents since the 25th and we've only had 2 total since potty learning Valentine weekend. He's got that down. The pooping thing has been hard for him though, so I have now bought the poop presents yesterday too. I'll let you know if that helps. We've also had 2 incidents around 2:30 am where he woke up wet. This is a first for him. Both times were evenings when he had a lot of fluid right before bed, so I'm hoping that won't happen in the future if we make sure he doesn't have a ton to drink at bedtime. We'll try to make sure he doesn't have much about 2 hours prior to bedtime and pees right before going to bed to see if we prevent it from happening again. Here's to progress...

Oh, sorry no pictures yet, but Corey was in Breckenridge, Colorado for a week and had the camera. I'll make him post his trip and start taking pictures to post soon.

1 comment:

The Jahnkes said...

the poos do take a long time- chesney was potty trained a good six months before she was poo trained