Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Week Four - Mastitis!

Well, I'm pretty sure I've gotten most of the potential postpartum complications by now. After the infection & Thrush, I now have Mastitis. It's been a pretty good week otherwise. Maddox has been great minus two days where he decided not to sleep more than 30 minutes straight and only cry while awake. He's definitely growing and thriving.
Here's Maddox and I after the first day of Mastitis. Let's just say it was a long day and we were both in need of a long bath.
I'm not really sure what this face is, but I'm pretty sure he was filling his pants.
We went to Dinner and Dining by Candlelight on Grand in St. Paul with Kyle, Angie, and Rowan. Rowan has to show himself through the glass in this picture. Cute, eh.


Molly and Cooper are feeling a little neglected. I think they're looking out the window shopping for a new family.

After the weekend (aka two days of chaos), Maddox was back to his old self. He's smiling more now and starting to talk to us. He had quite a long conversation with Grandpa on Monday filled with tons of smiles (thanks Dad for letting me take a shower while you chatted with the little mister).



On Sunday, I had the Smith Shower at Auntie Kris' house thrown by Auntie Tam Tam, Auntie Kris, and Auntie Barb. Maddox has lots of great new clothes, toys, picture albums, fishing gear, and much more. THANK YOU ALL! Maddox was a little crabby that day too with all the commotion, but Grandma and Auntie Kris were able to calm him down for a much needed nap.

3 comments:

Angie and Kyle said...

He looks so big already -- almost like he's two months old or something! I loved having you guys visit yesterday. Rowan loves talking to his baby cousin. I think he has his own language when he talks to Maddox.

Those smiles are precious! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Love,
Angie

Angie and Kyle said...

Oh, and I almost forgot -- Happy four weeks together! Can you believe he'll be one month old on Friday?!?!

Love you!!!

Michelle said...

Great photos, Heidi and Corey! Love seeing how Maddox grows every week. Thanks so much for keeping us updated!
Michelle