Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Third Week With Maddox!

Well, the third week with Maddox has been an exhausting time, but a blast. He's just adorable still, but at times can be quite fussy, especially in the evenings.

Maddox usually has his "Fussy Time" in the early evening and into the night. We have been trying all the different tips and tricks to calm him down, but only last night did we put him in his car seat and swung it back and forth did we really get somewhere. It took him about five minutes to fall asleep, and he was out for about three hours. Needless to say it was a nice break especially for Heidi to take a little nap before the events of the night to take over.

Don't get me wrong, he does have his nice alert times and his sweet nap times where he seems to enjoy sleeping next to either mommy or daddy.







Heidi's nursing pals stopped by on Saturday to hang out and talk baby talk. They also gathered around the t.v. to watch the birth video (again) I really really enjoyed the birth the first time, but I, like I'm sure many others, don't find that sort of thing afternoon entertainment. Must be a nursing thing. Anyway, they had a good time and Amy let Heidi and I take a much needed afternoon nap while she held down the fort for a few hours.




Three weeks down and everything is still going really well. Like all parents go through, there are definitely times of frustration, but all the other times easily outweigh all of that. Like when he slips in a little smile, or the way he looks when he is sleeping, or my favorite is his naturally spikey hair. Maddox has been a great edtion to our family and every day brings more and more changes.

4 comments:

Val said...

Thanks for all the great photos Heidi and Corey! He is so cute! Will you call when you are down so we can examine hime thoroughly? or.......could we come up some night? Love, Val

Heidi Sue said...

We'll be down this weekend to visit my parents I'm sure, so I will keep you posted and you can stop by there.

Heidi Sue

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi,

I love the pics of the kids. Tim wanted to get a blog of his own (it is too confusing to read-at least for me) so I decided that it was a good way to keep people updated and started one of my own. Hopefully I can keep up with it. It might make me more sleep deprived than I already am! I finally got your gift in the mail. I had sent for it...so I would like to see you again. Let me know when you have some time. I am sure that it will have to be after the holiday. I'm already on the schedule at work :( so hopefully we can get together soon. Love, Nicole

Michelle said...

Fun to see Maddox each week. I feel like I know him already. Keep up the great parenting . . . you sound like you are both really enjoying it! Looking forward to week 4!
Michelle