Tuesday, August 08, 2006

30 weeks!

Corey and I hit the 30 week mark on August 5th! We started our birth classes last Thursday night, which was exciting and scary all at the same time. I think it's just making me realize how close this is. We talked about things to bring to the hospital for the labor & delivery, which I haven't even thought about yet. A lot of the class is review for me (it's taught by one of my old co-workers), but Corey was quite interested, so that was fun. I forget that he doesn't really know about what to expect.
I had my first shower on Sunday given by all of my co-workers, which was a blast. It's so fun to get all the baby stuff. This picture was taken just before I left. I decided that I'm going to need to get a few new shirts soon cause the baby is filling out the ones I have pretty substantially.

It's starting to get harder to balance with my center of gravity thrown off more and more. I've almost fallen over in the shower a few times.

I love just holding the baby and feeling it move around in there. I can't wait until I can see what it looks like!



I had a doctors appointment and I'm measuring exactly 30 weeks, the baby's heart rate is in the 140's and it's moving around like crazy. Every night Corey and I "watch the show!" That's just watching the baby roll around in my belly, but it's quite entertaining to us (well, Corey sometimes falls asleep before the show starts).

4 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

Jack, eh? You'll have to tell her that we already have one of them in the family, but it's a great name.

I definitely will be bringing my own pillow. These plastic ones are horrible. Thanks for the tip!

Mindi Kay said...

I LOVE your belly!!! How fun! Thanks for all of these updates, I really like watching the progress! Its very interesting.......Now, I just can't wait to see who is in that belly of yours....that day is coming up soon!!!

Love You!!!

Michelle said...

I too can't wait to find out what you have and what you name your baby. Naming the baby was my favorite part! And I second the bringing your own pillow. I'm so attached to mine that I have a hard time sleeping without it. We'll see you in just over a month at your shower! Will be fun!
Michelle

Michelle said...

Oh, and if you are accepting names, Mira would like to throw in Dora for a girl and Boots for a boy!

Michelle