Monday, February 18, 2008

HELLO!!!!

Finally, we're back in our house again! We settled back in Friday night and I picked up to work Saturday and Sunday day shift, so Corey & Maddox hung out a goofed around all weekend together. Apparently, Corey feels comfortable having him on the counter. Yikes!
Just eatin' an apple.
Okay, I think I need it cut up.Playing on the stairs with Cooper.
Maddox's Valentine's Day card from Auntie Jenna & Uncle Andy. He loved to read it like a book, but he didn't really know what to think about the money. The only money he's known so far is coins, so he looked at me kind of strange when I told him that was money. Too cute!

I'm still 1!
Maddox is becoming quite the little boy lately. He's now stringing 2-3 words together. My new favorite is, "Where are you?" He says it so cute and innocent. He also likes to say "brush teeth", "hold it", "I love you", "Bu-bye Daddy", and much more. They grow up so fast!
Maddox's big boy bed! Well, Maddox didn't really ever take to his crib (well we took more to co-sleeping). Anyhoo, when we were getting his bed set up at our new house we decided to make it his toddler bed. We just got the side rails from Chuck & Jane's so it's even safer, but we did tuck a rolled up blanket under the sheet along the one end. He's been sleeping in there for 1/2 the night now and for his naps. He does great in there, but I'm going through withdrawl. I can hardly fall asleep when he's in his room. I guess I'll get use to it. He can't sleep with me forever.
Alright, the hardwood is finally installed! Doesn't it look great? We absolutely love it and I guess the almost 2 weeks it took to install were finally worth it. Here's the bare dining room. The table & chairs will be delivered in the coming days.
Here's the entry way. To the right of the door is a tiny hallway with a closet at the end and a powder bathroom on the side.
Here's looking into the living room from the dining room. There is our lonely couch. That's really the only piece of furniture we have downstairs until we move everything from Chuck & Jane's.


Well, we're a little more settled in and I'm feeling a slightly more organized. I'm excited to share more pictures as we get our furniture for downstairs delivered. I will also take some pictures of our bedrooms, bathrooms, etc tomorrow, but I don't think Corey would appreciate me taking a picture of the bedroom right now.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the house, Heidi! I'll bet you can't wait until the moment every single thing is delivered and put in it's place. What a feeling! Enjoy your house!
Michelle

Jenna and Andy said...

The floors look awesome! And Maddox is pretty dang cute too:)

Bakken Board said...

Oh man does your floor look nice!! I love it! Maddox is such a man! How fun to have him talking so much. I can't wait until Noah is doing that. I'm so excited to see him smile at me! Bekki

The Jahnkes said...

what a lovely home. I love the openness of it... and the floors. just awesome. Kelly