Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Old Man?

Well, we're not really sure what's going on with this face, but it's Maddox's new favorite expression. He kind of looks like those old men on cards with no teeth.
Maddox finds it to be quite hilarious too. Happy Father's Day Daddy! - Corey spent his first Father's Day golfing in the morning with his dad & Andy. Then he headed out to my parent's house to hang out with Maddox. It was a nice, relaxing day. Maddox and I planned to hang out with and entertain my dad while my mom went to Seattle for work, but we were pleasantly surprised to find them both there in the morning.
Corey and I went out last Friday night to a party at Mandi & Ryan's. It was a great time and Corey even won $30 playing poker. Grandma & Grandpa played with the little guy while we were out.
Here's what we found when we got back to my parent's house. Grandma was laying on the floor next to Maddox all snuggled in.

We even brought down the pack n play and monitor figuring they would put him in there, but when he finally took a bottle and fell asleep they didn't dare move him (he doesn't exactly prefer the bottle). He definitely missed his mama though because he nursed for 30 minutes when we got home even after taking a bottle an hour prior.


We actually ended up spending the night there because we were just too tired to drive home, but by morning we ran out of diapers, so here's the solution: kitchen towel (cloth diaper) and target bag (diaper cover). One thing I learned from Chelsea (a friend who helped me get started in cloth diapering) was that all you need is something absorbant with something waterproof over it. I guess we definitely put that advice to use.

I'm pretty sure we should send this in to Target or something to see what they have to say about this use for their bags.
New clothes! - Well, it sure has been difficult to keep up with Maddox's growing since I've gone from newborn to 24 month clothing in less than 8 months. It's so sad to see the totes full of clothes he's grown out of. We are now officially to 18 & 24 month clothing, so I had to go pick up new onsies and shorts. Here's a cute outfit from baby gap too. I just can't resist hoodies!
Shopping trip with Amy & Hunter! My sister, Rowan, Amy, Hunter, Maddox & I all went to Ikea to pick up a few things the other day. It was a nice trip because all of us have small kids and are breastfeeding, so we were all patient while there were feedings, diaper changes, playing, & more going on. I think we shopped 25% of the time.
Oh, and this is how Hunter was sleeping when Amy took him out of the sling. SO CUTE! I had to take a picture.
Fun in the sun! We broke out Maddox's new pool during the 80's stretch last week.
He wasn't sure what to think at first (I think it was a bit cold).But he definitely warmed up to the idea.
He even tried to pull up on it and crawl out.
Daddy decided to get in with him too. It was a blast! Well, Maddox is almost 8 months old now. If you've noticed, in the above picture, Maddox is actually slimming out a bit. He's loosing some of his rolls and getting taller. According to a home scale he's around 26 lbs. He's not quite crawling yet, but quite mobile.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I just love all the pictures of cute Maddox! Such a happy baby and full of vineger! The Target bags could be a clever way for extra bucks.. I'd contact the company! Fun to see you at Mom's on Wednesday. Have a great summer!
Love, Auntie Bonnie