Thursday, June 28, 2007

8 Months Old!

My baby is 8 months old now and just so much fun! Believe it or not, he's actually thinning out. Corey & I keep saying how skinny he looks (which I'm sure sounds crazy to everyone else). No crawling yet, which I'm pretty excited about because all of my friends with crawlers seem to be quite busy. He is walking around furniture though. He actually had his first blood-shed last night when he was trying to walk around the coffee table and missed with his hand. His tooth went right into his lip. I'm pretty sure all three of us shed tears.

Cabbage patch doll? This is another version of Maddox's old man face. I think it looks a lot like a cabbage patch doll.Splash park! Maddox and Rowan enjoyed the splash park in Apple Valley behind Home Depot. It was so cute and nice to get wet since it was quite hot. Hunter & Amy joined us too, but Hunter wasn't so interested in the water, just nursing. Kyle was the only one in swim trunks, so he got stuck running the boys through the sprayers.

Maddox had a lot of fun playing with the spraying water coming out of the ground.
When it would stop he would just patiently wait for it to start up again.

Daycare at Nicole's house. Yes, that's right. Amy and I took on the challenge of taking care of four kids 2 and under. It was a bit of a zoo, but I think we handled it quite well. Angie & Rowan even joined us at the end of the day and Rowan & Caleb played great together in Caleb's room. We even got them outside to play in the morning. Maddox & Ellery loved the swings. There little legs would just shake with excitement.
Maddox was also very interested in the ropes holding up his swing. He just wouldn't look at me so I could catch a smile. Ellery on the other hand was more than willing.
Here's how Amy was able to help. Hunter spent much of the day in the sling. He did however have two nice moments of cooing and smiling on the floor. He's getting more and more interactive every day.
Caleb was quite the busy body running around outside taking care of things that he felt needed to be done. This was the rare moment that I could get him to stop moving and look at the camera.
"Don't look mom. I'm tasting nature."

I had to do some more shopping for Maddox. I actually found some shorts that fit him! I didn't, however, find any shoes that will work. His chubby little feet are just too thick!
Our little guy is getting so fun and developing such a great personality. We take him out to eat all the time and all around the cities. We did go to the zoo this week too with Amy, Angie, & the boys, but I forgot my camera. I'll try to get some from Angie. He does great with all the traveling and loves to go to restaurants, watch the people and eat mommy's lip gloss. He always seems to be the hit of the restaurant as all the women stop to smile at him and pinch his chubby cheeks. We actually went out twice this week! It feels good to be normal again. He's pushing himself up onto his toes and makes motions to crawl, but nothing organized yet. I think it's going to be any day now. I'm hoping it will wait a little longer though, but Corey keeps encouraging.

3 comments:

kellymate said...

Its so fun to see your baby exploring the world. don't worry about getting him into shoes. babies like to be barefooted and feel the ground with their toes. Maddox's expressions are just priceless.

Michelle said...

I sounds like you all are having a very fun summer! Lots to do in the cities. I'll have to find a waterpark-type place to take the girls. Next summer, Amelia will be more than able to join in on the fun. For now, we need to keep our outings to days and times when it's not too hot outside.

Love the photos of Maddox. What a cute boy!
Michelle

Casey said...

He just warms my heart. I love the picture of his old man face. My coworkers get a kick out of him too.

Casey