Thursday, April 02, 2009

Still miserable...


Maddox is still feeling terrible. He woke up at 2am with wet pants, but it wasn't pee. Then he's had 3 bouts of diarrhea this morning. Once he stood up too soon and shot the wall. I have a picture because I didn't think Corey would believe me, but I thought I'd spare you all. Now he has this rash on his forehead and temples with blood-shot eyes. I've talked to our doctor and she thought it was just fever related, but we're not giving motrin anymore since this is the first time he's ever had it just in case.
Maddox has slept most of the day, but he's still drinking a lot and peeing, so hopefully we'll avoid an IV. We were close yesterday because he went 13 hours without peeing. He's sleeping on the couch right now (see above). This is the first time he's fallen asleep not on me, so I can actually get off of the couch myself.
This was post diarrhea explosion. I thought it was a good time for a bath. Please send Maddox well wishes in hopes that this blows over soon!!!

9 comments:

Jenna and Andy said...

Oh that bathtub picture is so sad. I hope he feels better soon!!

Robby and Michelle said...

It makes me so sad to see him so sick. He was the perfect angel when he was with us and we had so much fun!! He is an awesome little boy!! Grandma and Grandpa love you very much and hope you feel better real soon!!

Jane said...

Poor little guy looks soooooo sad :-( Phebe, too, had a bad case of diarrhea starting Sunday afternoon and into Monday morning, but she avoided the vomiting this time and never ran a fever. Then Tuesday night, she had "green poop," which really freaked her out! Hope he's better real soon!

Unknown said...

your poor baby! he looks just miserable. we sure do hope he feels better soon. give him hugs and kisses from us.

noah got the flu on sunday night/monday morning, but it lasted only 6 hours. he was just tired and "under the weather" feeling the next day. then it was over. i felt so bad for noah, i just can imagine how you guys feel.

hugs and kisses!

katie, jeff and noah

Zeller said...

I hope it "blows" over soon too. (Pun intended)
But in all seriousness, I hope he feels better soon.

Martha said...

I got caught up on your blog today..So sorry Maddox is sick. He really looks hot and miserable! Loved all your pictures at the zoo etc. Take care..Love, Martha

The Jahnkes said...

poor little guy- hope he feels better soon.

TJ, Nora, Reese & Rowan Nordling said...

Heidi, He looks soooo sick! Hope it is short lived; and poor Maddox feels better soon!

Val said...

Oh, I hope he's feeling better now, he really looks miserable. I'll bet he's had lots of parent time these past few days, nothing like hugs and love. Love, Val