Tuesday, October 07, 2008

We've been better...

Maddox has been sick on and off for over a week now with a sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, throwing up at night gagging on his post-nasal drip, and all-in-all sleeping terribly. He started out with pink eye last weekend and progressed into this viral something last Tuesday night when he spiked a fever. I think he's getting better, but sleeping still is terrible.
He's pretty perky when he's not sleeping and Corey's been bringing him outside for an hour or so each evening to get some fresh air. As you can see, he LOVES to be outside.







I've also been quite sick. I got sick in the middle of the night last Wednesday night when I woke up with a fever myself. I'm not really sure I feel much better today, but at least no fever since Friday! Maddox has been cuddling me quite a bit taking care of his mama.
Here's a nice shot of us cuddling with is finger up his nose. Oh the joys!


Needless to say, I've washed Maddox's sheets probably a dozen times this past week and a half and ours about 6 times. Maddox even slept thru a bloody nose one night. His bed looked like a massacre. Maddox has been loving all of the laundry snuggle time. He just loves when his blanky comes out all warm and cozy.
"I build a tower!" Maddox has become quite the builder lately. He loves building towers with his wooden blocks. I was working on the computer and turned around to find this! Color coordinated and everything! He can even tell you all of the colors.
Here he's giving the thumbs up on a job well done.

Here are some videos of his work.



And this is how Maddox falls asleep. Maddox usually plays for a while when I put him down for his nap. He rarely gets out out of bed and alway falls asleep in an unconventional way. The other day I found him with his head on his kick ball. How comfortable is that? I always go in a few minutes after he's silent and adjust him for comfort.
Pink Eye!!! Here's a shot of Maddox up close and personal before we started his antibiotic drops for his pink eye.
New cozy outfit! Isn't it so cute?
Maddox's football stance. God help us that he doesn't love football. I would appreciate his head to be intact until he's old and gray.
Well, that's our household's update for the past few weeks, so I hope everyone is doing well and is a little healthier than us lately.

5 comments:

The Jahnkes said...

oh- what a week you have had- hope you are all feeling better and Maddox is sleeping well soon.

Jane said...

Oh my gosh - Maddox really had a bad case of pink eye! Good thing those drops work an almost instant miracle!

Jenna and Andy said...

I love the videos! "Natural" Hilarious. He's sooo cute, even with pink eye:)

unzen said...

EVEN SICK YOUR SON IS SUCH A Ham. HE TAKES SUCH GOOD PICTURES. I HOPE EVERY ONE IS ON THE MEND. YOUR MADDOX IS SO SMART YOU CAN TELL YOU SPEND A LOT OF TIME WITH HIM. GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND HOPE EVERY ONE IS NOW HEALTHY.
UNZENS6-ANIMALS.BLOGSPOT.COM
BRENDA U

Angie said...

We miss you guys!!!!

We have to start doing regular play dates once we're all healthy again. Seriously. Maddox has changed so much since I last saw him.

Rowan calls me "mom" instead of "mama" now, too. Kinda sad, huh?

Love you guys!
-Angie