Friday, April 18, 2008

I Didn't Do it!

Doesn't Maddox look especially mischievous in this photo. He's becoming quite the character now with a huge vocabulary. He now says a sassy "No!" to almost everything followed up by "Why?" No matter how many times I explain why he continues with "Why?" We've been quite busy the past few weeks hitting the park at least 3-4 times a week. Now that's a workout! Maddox has mastered the slide and loves to climb thru the tunnel. Swinging is probably one of his favorites too.
Look, I'm domestic! Thanks to my great friend Amy, I learned how to sew on Wednesday, so I finally made Maddox his duvet cover and pillow sham along with two pillow cases for his new cute little flat pillow from Ikea. Didn't it turn out so cute? He slept in it for the first time last night with his new pillow and Duvet. He looked so sweet and like such a big kid. He loves his little pillow!
I'm so proud of my self and super excited to take on more projects.Smoothie time! Everyday when it's smoothie-making time Maddox gets to hop in the sling and see Mommy at work.
"Say Cheese!"
Here he is sneaking a peak at Corey trying to get an action shot.
Corey told Maddox to snuggle Mommy. So sweet.


Tickle Attack! I'm a sucker for a kid giggling.

Alright, having only one blanky is posing to be a problem during laundry time. Maddox is upset thru the whole washing and drying saying "Laundry, laundry. All done! All done!" while standing by the laundry room door. After it was done and I dumped all the laundry on the rug he wrestled thru to find his pride and joy.
He laid on it saying "warm" for about 10 minutes.
And pretended to sleep.
Random, I know.
Alright, now that my kid is becoming a crazy toddler and trying to get into everything he's had quite a few bumps and bruises. Here's an incident while I was sleeping (it always seems to happen then...um, Corey?). Anyhoo, I heard this huge crash. I threw myself out of bed and ran down stairs. Halfway down all I hear is, "Oh my God, I think it's broken!" Um, yep then I started crying. Maddox had pulled the table at the back of the couch onto his tiny little foot. This is the bruising 4 days later. It was so swollen he couldn't wear shoes for 2 days. Poor little guy!
Well, we're almost at the 18 month mark! Wow, time flies. Maddox now has 14 teeth. We're pretty sure he's missing the two teeth that would be next to the two middle ones on the top. My mom and brother are missing the same ones (thanks Mom). I think I see braces in his future. Anyhoo, we're going to be taking him in for an 18 month visit on the 28th, so we'll have some updated stats. We haven't had him officially weighed since he was a year, but on the scale at Lifetime Fitness he's about 30 lbs. Potty "training", if you want to call it that, is going well for his age. He likes to poop on the potty if we can catch him in time and loves to take his morning pee there. Otherwise, it's hit or miss throughout the day. He's eating like a champ lately! He loves scrambled eggs w/ avocado, chicken dogs, peas, broccoli, pears, apples, pineapple, turkey, chicken, steak, O cereal, cheddar bunnies, dried fruits (esp mango & cherries), frozen blueberries, smoothies (we have that everyday), and so much more. He still nurses mid-morning (if we're home - he's too distracted when we're out), before his nap, mid-evening and at bedtime. If we're home all day it may be more. I'm hoping to nurse him until he's 2 and I think he's definitely on board with that plan.

All-in-all everything is great at our house. We're getting farther and farther into decorating and unpacking. There are just a few random things in the garage and then next time Corey and I have a day off together we're going to tackle that.
Oh, I almost forgot. As you can see I did a little facelift on our blog thanks to Auntie Jenna and others with some website suggestions. Here they are:
Header (has to be 648 pixels wide to fit) - http://scrapblog.com/

4 comments:

Jenna and Andy said...

Ooh, one of my favorite things in the world is doing the sheets at night so they are nice and warm straight out of the dryer!!

The blanket looks awesome. I still need to learn that whole sewing thing, too!

Jane said...

Your blog "face-lift" looks great! Jenna was trying to show me some of the new options last night - maybe I'll get there some day. The bedding is cool, too. Isn't it rewarding to work hard on a project and have it turn out so good? Nice job!

Cody and Wendy said...

PLease help me!!! Ok I'm trying to do a face lift as well and it's not going well. (If you go to my blog you'll see why!) Anyways I've made a scrapblog page and can not for the life of me figure out how to put it in the header of my blog. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Wendy

Mindi Kay said...

Yeah- mine looks silly too--- I did my header as a jpeg- I went to file and export to jpeg and went through the page elements and added it that way-- I'm sure you did yours through the html.... I couldn't figure that out- I couldn't figure out where to place it. AND- my old background is still there and my new one is on top of it-- I'll have to play around some more....