Tuesday, July 17, 2007

9 Months!

Yes, that's right. My little tiny baby is already over 9 months old now. Sorry it's been so long, but we spent the last week and a half at Grandma & Grandpa's cabin. It was gorgeous and those pictures are next! Anyhoo, Maddox has changed so much over the past few weeks. He said his first word and now won't stop. He says "Hi" in this cute high pitched voice. He usually waves at the same time too. He does still say "mama", but not as much. That must have been just a 3-4 day occurrence. He also points to Grandpa's deer heads in the cabin and says "Dee". He's crawling like a normal baby now and I have a cute video of that to come. He pulls up on everything and walks around furniture. He loves to walk while you hold his hands too. He does a great "So big". He just started to play peekaboo by pulling a blanket over his face or putting his hands over his eyes. Sometimes he puts his hands over his ears instead. I'm not really sure why, but it's super cute.
He still loves to play with quite unconventional toys. Also notice that he doesn't look so much like the Michelin man anymore. His rolls are diminishing and he's elongating.
He still loves the "booger sucker". Don't worry, we don't use it in the traditional way anymore. It's now just a toy in the toy box.
Snugglin' in the sling. Corey and I went on a walk the other day and this is how we ended up. Maddox crashed half way into the walk and snuggled right into me. So cute!
This is the only way to hold a 27 lb 8 oz baby! Yes, that right he's now 27 1/2 lbs, but that's fully clothed. I just threw him on the scale the other day at work. Vacation pictures to come.
Stay tuned......

5 comments:

Bakken Board said...

I have been waiting for over a week for these vacation pics to show up! And you're right, he is less "Michilin like."

kellymate said...

wow time flies. I still think of him as an infant, and now he will probably be walking when I see him next. can't wait to see the up north pics.

Tribe of Adeline said...

Maddox is such a cutie! I love all the updates! I can't believe he is 27 lbs! GeorgiaRae hasn't even reached that milestone yet! Can't wait to see cabin pictures...cousin Sarah

Michelle said...

Wow! 27 pounds? That's a lot to carry. I was getting tired this weekend from holding Nicholas, and he's just 18 pounds. I'm sure as Amelia gets heavier, I'll get more and more used to her weight gradually. Can't wait to see the up north pictures!
Michelle

Bonnie said...

Love all the pictures Heidi, of your little Maddox....such a cute kid! He's growing up!!!!
Love, Bonnie