Monday, June 26, 2006

24 weeks!

Well, my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball and the little baby is over a pound & about a foot long! I can't believe I have a soccer ball inside me (of course, there's a cute little baby inside of that). My baby is now to the viability stage where it could technically survive outside of me. Not with quite a bit of potential complications, so it needs to just stay put, but for a Labor & Delivery nurse that's a fun milestone to hit. I spent the last seven days at the cabin and Corey joined me for the weekend. It was a blast! Quite relaxing to say the least with a little shopping, swimming, fishing, and walking with the neighbor girls. Katie, Casey, ValRae, and Bekki accompanied me walking and I actually kept up pretty well. So far, the baby hasn't slowed me down too much.

I'm still playing volleyball every week with no problems yet. I figure it's good intimidation for the other teams, right? I did order my bridesmaid dress for Jenna's wedding. It's amazing how big you have to get it to fit over an ever-growing belly. I'm going to have to get it taken in quite a bit everywhere else. Oh well, if it looks like I'm wearing a tent, so be it.

Anyhoo, I plan to add some pictures from the cabin when I have time at home to download them. Maybe tomorrow night. 16 weeks until the due date! Wow, this is flying by!

Heidi Sue

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Only 16 weeks left? My, the time has flown! It's going to be such a great time for you and Corey. Make sure to see lots and lots of movies now and to do lots of things together. I'm looking forward to your shower in September!

Michelle